In honor of Judy Chicago and her many varied accomplishments, Through the Flower — working with Penn State School of Visual Arts — has established an award for outstanding educators who have developed projects related to principles embodied in The Dinner Party K-12 Curriculum or other materials in the Judy Chicago Art Education Collection.
This award — which consists of a check for $1000 and a certificate — is given annually and administered by Penn State School of Visual Arts.
Criteria: A project with students that utilizes the underlying principles of The Dinner Party Curriculum Project (DP/CP) or other materials in the Judy Chicago Art Education Collection (JCAEC), and furthers the goals of Judy Chicago, Through the Flower, and The Dinner Party, i.e., to extend understanding of and appreciation for the achievements of women. It is open to all educators and teachers with preference given to those projects that most embody feminist goals.
- Upload submissions digitally at http://judychicago.arted.psu.edu/news-events/submit-curriculum-project/ by February 1
- Submissions must include:
- First page: Title of project and full contact information (name, email address, phone number, mailing address).
- Project overview (not to exceed 500 words) that emphasizes how the underlying principles of The Dinner Party Curriculum Project (DP/CP) or other materials in the Judy Chicago Art Education Collection (JCAEC) was used in your project, specifically what was used, the significance of the project, who was involved and when, and the demonstrated impact of the project.
- Documentation (minimum of 2-5 supporting materials, not to exceed 10 items) may include: video or photographs of the process, artwork, exhibition; student essays; interviews with students; selected quotes by students and others engaged in the project; planning documents; journal reflections; teaching resources; press coverage: examples of scholarship. Please note that you must have written permission to include student work (written or visual), and photos or audio-visual recordings of students. If students are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian of the student must also grant permission. The permission form is linked here.
Sponsors of the Award: Through the Flower and Penn State School of Visual Arts Art Education Program
Award coordinator contact: Dr. Karen Keifer-Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org